Sunday, March 29, 2009

The English Assassin - Daniel Silva

Ok, I'm bias, this is the 5th one of Silva's books that I've read. They're not necessarily a series but they all revolve around the same main character, Gabriel Allon. This is the second in the Allon books and it was really good. All his stories are based in Europe with the main character, Allen, a sometime Israeli spy by trade and an art restorer by preference. I enjoy revisiting through the pages some of the places I traveled to and it gives me a feeling of taking a mini-vacation. While this book is fiction it has a suprising amount of knowledge and details that give it the possibility of being a fairly accurate portrayal of historical situations that may have occurred.
This particular book's primary focus was on the current day implications of the art dealings during Nazi Germany out of Zurich Switzerland. It is exceptionally written yet is an easy read.
I look forward to finishing off the books in this series. If you'd prefer to read the first of the Allon books start with 'The Kill Artist' but again, reading them in order is not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment