Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dianna Gabaldons Lord John Series Book 1 & 2

Well, after reading all the Outlander books about Jamie and Claire I couldnt help but want to read the Lord John series... John Grey of the Lord John books is in the Outlander story so I already knew allot about him cause he was in all 6 of them... Book 1 is called Lord John and the private matter. Book 2 is Lord John and the brotherhood of the blade. I was a little suprised reading them because book one was a little boring and kind of a crime mystery book... when outlander is a war/love story. Book 2 was more enjoyable... but... Okay this is giving something away but i have to tell you about it.. Lord John is gay - but its the 1700's.. And these Lord John books are really him dealing with being gay and finding a gay lover.. and they basically arent what I thought they would be! I love Dianna Gabaldon's writing so I will finish the 3rd book just to say I did.. but I just had to tell someone else that its nothing like Outlander and its no where near as exciting or romantic.
1-10 scale.. I give book 1 umm a 4.. and book 2 a 5 1/2-6

Shaley



No comments:

Post a Comment